As I was telling ya a few days ago, the domain name you choose for your site is uber-important.
Pick a really good domain name and folks will remember you for it.
Pick a really bad one and folks will remember you for it too, but for all the wrong reasons .
These poor, unfortunate companies who in real life offer completely innocent products are being remembered for the latter reason. They picked a domain name that made sense to them, but they obviously didn't consider hard enough what the URL would look like to your average stopper-by.
Entrepreneurs, let us learn from their mistakes, shall we?
This list comes from Independent Sources:
1. A site called ‘Who Represents‘ where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity. Their domain name… wait for it… is
2. Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at
3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at
4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at
5. Then of course, there’s the Italian Power Generator company…
6. And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales:
7. If you’re looking for computer software, there’s always
8. Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is
9. Then, of course, there’s these brainless art designers, and their whacky website:
10. Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at
I must say that my faves are "speedofart" and "powergenitalia". It took me a while to get the Therapist Finder one as well as the Mole Station Nursery (I get it now! ).
I have to admit that I still don't get the "cummingfirst" one. Someone please explain that to me.
Questions for ya:
Which ones are your faves?
And do you have any to add to the list?
Painfully funny photo via (Rest easy, y'all. The puppy was not hurt.)